Pages

Monday 3 November 2008

Musical medication


I'm going through the most stressful phase of my life. My house has been under civil and wood work for the last two months and my brother is getting married in the next week. All those stressful thoughts were givng me a tough time and it had started affecting happiness...which makes it a litle dangerous. That's when my friend Sel suggested something.

So it was going to be on the 31st of October, 2008 at 5:00 p.m. He reached outside the gate on his bike...yeah, bike. Now that's an altogether different story.

We left for BKC and was hunting for the venue when my eyes fell on a hunk on a bike wearing a T-Shirt that read 'PUNK ROCK'. I told my friend to follow him and it worked. We reached the place. Bought ourselves the tickets and then it was just five hours of absolute musical intoxication. After all Sel had got me to enjoy the 'Rock On Concert for Humanity'. This concert was organised to raise funds to aid victims of the floods that shook Bihar this year.

And they were performing:
Something Relevant
Pindrop Violence
Dream Out Loud
Pentagram
Parikrama along with Saif Ali Khan (who turned out to be a major disaster)
Shaa'ir & Func
Avial
The Raghu Dixit Project
Kailasa
Them Clones
Shaan
Kunal Ganjawala
Shankar, Ehsaan, Loy
Farhan Akhtar and Arjun Rampal

And some celebrities to add glamour to the show:
Sharukh Khan
Preity Zinta
Zayed Khan (Who said that we are all brothers and sisters of the same mother called India. Now what on earth does that mean? Anyway he was booed away by the crowd who was there to listen to music.)
Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar
Hritik Roshan (With that Greek God look of his, he rocked the stage while the Rock On team performed.)

Those five hours were like a musical extravaganza. Kailasa as usual was incredible, so was Parikrama. Pentagram has definitely lost it's charm. There was a plump Vishal trying to keep up with the musical notes panting and gasping for breath. The Raghu Dixit Project was also a good dose of vibrancy. Raghu's performance is still ringing in my head. And he's got the sweetest smile I've ever come across. A very contagious smile. The so-called 'politically aware and ideologically driven' Avial charmed the crowds with the rendition of their Malayalam songs. The vocalist Tony came dressed in a kurta and lungi and bowed to the crowds with the typical Keralite namaskaram. Though most people could not follow the lyrics, they enjoyed the music. Parikrama too met expectations with Nitin Malik as the vocalist and the mind-blowing violin rendition of Imran Khan.

Them Clones and Shaa'ir & Func were fairly okay. Dream Out Loud was again great.

And then they usurped the stage. Farhan and his team along with Hritik. They started with the 'Rock On' song and ended with the 'Meri Laundry' song. Yeah they sang only two numbers. I would've loved it if they sang 'Sindbad, the Sailor' instead of the title song. But never mind...let's not be greedy.

Now after all those musical tablets who, on the phase of Mother Earth would even think of a word called 'STRESS'? For me music and dance are two inextinguishable flames of my life that keeps me going. They are my stressbusters!


And hey Sel! Thanks a lot!

2 comments:

mizarukikazaruiwazaru said...

Raghu Dixit seems to be quite a rage now :) , was checking out his album , pretty neat stuff actually

(mira) said...

His smile is 'bloody addictive'. He's too good. Something in the lines of 'Euphoria'. I think he's from Mysore.