Pages

Wednesday 19 November 2008

August poetry

I was browsing through Kalidasa's poetry and I stumbled upon something that refreshed memories of a rainy August afternoon.

I was attending a Dale Carnegie program on High Impact Presentation. We were asked to make presentations on casting first impressions on people. The first person to speak was Kaushik Saha (I can't remember his designation, but he was someone very important in Walchand People's First). A tall guy looming large over all of us walked to the centre of the room and took out a piece of paper from his right pocket. And then all I remember is that I was transported to a different world. After a long time I was listening to good poetry recited by someone who was absolutely loving it.

Listen to the Exhortation of the Dawn!

Look to this Day!

For it is Life, the very Life of Life.

In its brief course lie all the Verities and Realities of your Existence.

The Bliss of Growth,

The Glory of Action,

The Splendor of Beauty;

For Yesterday is but a Dream,

And To-morrow is only a Vision;

But To-day well lived makes

Every Yesterday a Dream of Happiness,

And every Tomorrow a Vision of Hope.

Look well therefore to this Day!

Such is the Salutation of the Dawn!

No comments: