Pages

Monday 29 September 2008

At the boarding school












My niece studies in a boarding school in Lonavala. Saturday being her birthday we reached her school to celebrate it along with her friends. This is her first year as a boarder. I must say that this school looks very shabby in comparison to the swanky schools that have sprung up recently in Lonavala and the adjoining areas. But there is so much of a 'I belong here' feeling. I kind of like it here as I find affection all around me. Beautiful innocent faces with smiling eyes come running to you the moment they see you and surround you till you decide to call it a day. There's music from Branco's guitar, coyness in Isha's eyes, motherly affection in the hearts of the matrons and genuine sincerity in the hearts of teachers. And the weather outside add to it. The picturesque locales, the monkey hills, the winding roads, the chikki shops, the jelly chocolates coated with little sugar cubes and the kokum sherbet are the bonuses that await you.

No comments: