Pages

Friday 3 October 2008

My frangipani

I'd rather have frangipani on my table than diamonds on my neck.

- Emma Goldman

I brought a small change in that quote. The original quote had 'roses' instead of frangipani. But I don't really adore roses as much as I adore frangipani or jasmines. To be honest I wouldn't mind settling in the Hawaii, where I can see frangipanis everywhere around me. I can wear them on my hair, my waist and my ankles and still there will be so many left that I can make a bed out of it. Wow! That would be amazing.

We have got two frangipani trees in our compound. Forget plucking a flower from those trees, you dare not even cast an eye on it. My mum has got her informers working over time. The news spreads like wild fire. The other day, I looked around the tree if there were some flowers on the ground, but bad luck, there was none. So what's the next step? Very simple. Take off your slippers, stand on your toes, stretch yourself and try to reach the closest branch. Not working? Try jumping. Yeah...got it! Just pluck one beauty, leave the rest for the tree. Suddenly I heard a voice behind me. "Do you know who's daughter you are?" I was all prepared with the answer. "Hmm...that...actually...You know what? Rishi wanted to take a flower to school. So I thought...." and I turned around. It was my husband. How mean!

That's the little beauty I got after a lot of struggle :-)

Look at it.

Have you seen anything more beautiful?
Have you seen anything more perfect...more simple and yet so fragrant?

No comments: