Pages

Friday 3 October 2008

Finally...

Finally I got the CDs of 'Rock On' and 'Janne Tu Ya Jaane Na'.

All throughout the drive from Juhu to my place it was just Rock On. And since morning I've already heard Jaane Tu at least thrice. I love good music and it's after a long time that I'm buying the whole album of any movie. And I think this is the first time I even thought of changing my caller tune (though I haven't brought myself to doing it...can't ditch Billy Joel).

But kudos to Shankar, Ehsaan and Loy for Rock On and A R Rehman for Jaane Tu. After a long time, a whole album for your senses. Right now, when I' typing this, my feet are tapping to the beats of 'Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na'. Beautiful composition. And the next number...it's just too good. It takes me to a world where....hmmm....it's just me and music and dance. Nothing else. I would love to do a slow dance on this number. It's one of the most beautiful love songs that I've come across recently. Rashid Ali has got magic in his voice. Yeah I know, even Farhan Akhtar has got magic in his voice. Gosh....how can people write such beautiful lines and how can one compose them so beautifully and then how can someone do a beautiful rendition of that song? Amazing. The only thing I can do well is to listen and get lost in that musical world and dance like how Mira danced to the tunes of Krishna...too much, right?

While Jaane Tu is purely love, Rock On is purely love for music. Very vibrant songs, full of energy. And the surprise is Farhan Akhtar. Man! He's tooooooooo good. I feel he's the discovery of the year as an actor and a singer. A few years back he was discovered as a good director. Even those two girls Dominique Cerejo and Caralisa Monteiro have done a fabulous job with their husky voices. There were far too many out their criticising the music of Rock On claiming that it's not great. They also said that Farhan was bad. I don't care. I think the whole team did a great job. And the music rocks! To hell with stupid people who haven't cleaned wax out of their years for ages.

I think for the next few months this'll be the only records playing on my gramophone, ok, apart from Billy Joel.

No comments: