Pages

Thursday 29 November 2007

The Magic of Aamir


Since the time Aamir was discovered as an actor, I have been watching his movies. I still remember his pathetic dialogue delivery in Raakh and Holi (if I'm not wrong), with his mouth opening wide as if to gulp down all the dialogues. Then came Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak and all those teenaged girls started dreaming about him. Even we used to collect one rupee each and hire video cassettes. I have seen them all. Deewana Mujhsa Nahin, Jawani Zindabad, Dil, Baazi, Tum Mere Ho, Andaaz Apna Apna (umpteen times), Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke... et al.
Both me and my brother advocated Aamir movies to friends who were not his fans. We somehow managed to pull them into the fan club that comprised me, my bro, Sheeba, Cynthia, Dinesh, Heena, Babitha and Stella. We would hire a cassette and meet at my place. Then we grew up. Babitha passed away. Sheeba and Cynthia, the older girls had already finished college. Dinesh dropped out of school and joined his father in his garage. I had also stepped out of school to walk into college. Things changed, but our hero remained the same. My father bought a new house. We drifted away from our friends. We became closer to our school and college friends. Sel, Ranji, Vandy, Rakhi, Deepa became a very important part of my new world. Guess what? One thing was definitely common. The magic of Aamir still reigned supreme. I fell in love with Raj, another Aamir fan (even if he wasn't one I would still have loved him). In those blissful days of romance, we painted a rosy picture, watching Raja Hindustani, with an over made-up Aamir and a pampered Karishma. I sat close to my beau, held his hand, when suddenly I felt this urge to dedicate the song 'Aaye Ho Meri Zindagi Mein Tum Bahar Banke (Oh my God! Did we actually do that?) I always had this wish to meet him, to talk to him...and i can't really believe that i'm a member of his blog. Pinch!Pinch! Oh Aamir...u've come such a long way...i've come such a long way...things have come such a long way!

No comments: